Continuous assessment 20% End of semester examination 80%
To introduce students to the approach and content of the Catholic moral tradition in the area of bioethics.
- — At the end of the course the student will: have a good knowledge of the central principles of bioethics;
- — be aware of the international debate on developments in medicine and bio-technologies
- — have a clear understanding of the approach and conclusions of the Catholic moral tradition in the area of bioethics.
- — Corkery, Pádraig. Bioethics and the Catholic Moral Tradition, Veritas, 2010
- — Fisher, Anthony. Catholic Bioethics for a New Millennium, Cambridge University Press, 2012.