End of year examination 100%
To introduce students to the key principles and central content of the Catholic social doctrine tradition.
- — Be aware of key developments in the Catholic Social Doctrine tradition.
- — Be able to apply the key principles of the Social Doctrine tradition to contemporary issues.
- — Be aware of the dynamic nature of Catholic Social Doctrine.
- — Donal Dorr, Option for the Poor and the Earth, Orbis Books, 2012
- — Kenneth R. Himes et al, Modern Catholic Social Teaching, Georgetown University Press, Second Edition, 2018
- — Pádraig Corkery, Companion to the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church, Veritas, 2007