Continuous assessment 40% End of semester examination 60%
This module will introduce students to the approach and content of the Catholic moral tradition in the areas of bioethics and sexual/marital ethics.
- — Be aware of the anthropology and world view that informs the Catholic approach to life issues.
- — Have a clear understanding of the content of the developing corpus of Catholic teaching on sexual and marital ethics.
- — Be aware of the approach and content of the approach of the Catholic moral tradition to issues in bioethics including embryonic stem cell research and reproductive technologies.
- — Corkery, Pádraig. Bioethics and the Catholic Moral Tradition. Veritas, 2010
- — Rubio, Julie Hanlon. Reading, Praying, Living Pope Francis's The Joy of Love, Liturgical Press, 2017
- — Curran & Rubio, Readings in Moral Theology: Volume 15 [Marriage], Paulist Press, 2009