Continuous assessment 100%
In this module, participants will explore the child in the Bible and look at how the Bible has been adapted for and communicated to children.
- — Describe aspects of the life of a child in biblical times
- — Undertake a childist reading of selected biblical texts from the Old and New Testaments
- — Differentiate between value-driven, dogma-driven, education-driven and engagement-driven retellings of biblical stories for children
- — Analyse aspects of the verbal and visual discourse of selected retellings of bible stories for children.
- — Bunge, Marcia J. (Ed), The Child in the Bible, Grand Rapids MI: Eerdmans, 2008.
- — Pyper, Hugh S. and Caroline Vander Stichele, Text, Image and Otherness in the Children's Bibles: What is in the Picture? (Semeia Studies 56) 2014.