Master’s Degree in Theology (MTh)
Master's Degree in Theology. Two-Year Programme.
The programme for degree of Master in Theology (MTh) offers candidates the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of Theology through specialised study, personal work and research.
There are two methods of obtaining this degree.
- Mode A: students write a minor thesis and complete five Seminar Courses.
- Mode B: students submit a major thesis and fulfill the requirements of the Research in Theology: Historical and Methodological Approaches Seminar. Theological Languages Mode A and Mode B: A competence in theological language(s) is a qualifying requirement
- A candidate who has not already attained an acceptable level of competence in theological languages is required to pass qualifying courses in at least two of the following: Hebrew, Greek, or Latin. In certain circumstances an advanced course in one language may be accepted in lieu of a second.
- A candidate who has successfully completed a one-year full-time University course in Latin or Greek is exempt.
- The language(s) requirement is merely qualifying and does not form part of the final assessment. This Degree qualifies for Higher Education grants.
Postgraduate application Form (pdf)
Reverend Prof. Séamus O’Connell
Phone +353 (0)1 708 3505