Continuous Assessment: 40 % End of semester examination: 60 %
To introduce students to the academic study of the Bible, to the critical issues which emerge in the study, interpretation and actualisation of Christian Scriptures
- — Briefly discuss the nature and outline the structure of both Old and New Testaments.
- — Describe historical and cultural aspects of the biblical world which impact upon interpretation of texts covered in class.
- — Recognise the genre and key literary features of a range of biblical texts
- — Perform simple narrative character analysis
- — Interpret selected key texts theologically and with a view to their significance today