To provide students with an introduction to contemporary understandings of religious studies and catechesis with a particular focus on the programmes for Religious Education at second level schools.
- — Understand the educational and faith formation aims and objectives of the programmes for Religious Education at second level
- — Have obtained an overview of the course content, teaching methodologies and assessment procedures in Religious Education
- — Be familiar with the principal resources available to teachers
- — Know the core process of catechesis
- — Be informed of contemporary approaches to religious education
- — Have creatively and critically engaged with the module material so that they are competent to plan effectively for the teaching of Religious Education