Do you have some experience in providing caring ministry within a healthcare setting? Do you feel drawn to accompany those who suffer because of illness, trauma, tragedy, grief or bereavement? Do you have a primary degree? Have you studied theology in the past? Have you ever wished to undertake some formal preparation in healthcare chaplaincy leadership?
If your answer is yes, then this Higher Diploma programme may be for you. It offers candidates the opportunity to obtain the required levels of theological and ministrial formation, and professional competence in diverse clinical environments, to become a certified Catholic Healthcare Chaplain.
- Pastoral Practice (with ‘Teaching Hospital’ placement)
- Prayer Leadership
- Caring and Spiritual Accompaniment
- Organisational Leadership in Ministry Contexts
- Theology and Pastoral Ministry
- Healthcare Chaplaincy: Leadership Ministry of Healing and Justice
- Summer School (with intensive placement in clinical setting)
Year One, lectures on Thursday and Fridays; placement Sunday-Wednesday
Application Deadline: 29 April 2019 - LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
For more information and application form: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 7084772