Continuous assessment 40% and Exam 60%
To develop an integrated understanding of the Christian themes of creation and grace including:
- How God is at work in the universe.
- Exploring the God-creation relationship.
- Tracing the understanding of creation and grace through Scripture, Tradition and in contemporary theologians.
- — At the end of the course, the student will: • Be able to show how a theology of grace and creation leads to an integrated vision of the Christian life. • Understand how the relation between religion and science can be complementary rather than oppositional.
- — Pope Francis, Encyclical Letter, Laudato Si' - On Care for our Common Home (2015)
- — Zachary Hayes, The Gift of Being. A Theology of Creation, New Theology Studies 10, Liturgical Press, 2001
- — Stephen J.Duffy, The Dynamics of Grace: Perspectives in Theological Anthropology. New Theology Studies 3 Collegeville, Minnesota: Michael Glazier/The Liturgical Press, 1993/ Wipf & Stock, 2007