Continuous Assessment 50% Final Exam 50%
- To introduce the student to the Bible and its Worlds
- To discover and explore the Bible as literature
- To read the text with questions that open new theological horizons
The Bible as a Library – Discovering Genre
Exploring Genre – Encountering Parables
Community and Canon
Bible - History & Culture
Gospels and the Historico-Critical Method (HCM)
God and Prayer in the Old Testament
Jesus, Prayer and God
Social World of the New Testament
- — Barton, John. The Bible The Basics. Second ed. London and New York: Routledge, 2019.
- — Collins, John J. A Short Introduction to the Hebrew Bible. Second ed. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2014.
- — Ehrman, Bart D. The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings. Fifth ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- — Powell, Mark Allan. Introducing the New Testament: A Historical, Literary, and Theological Survey. Second ed. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2018.