A formal seminar presentation and two end of year papers.
To acquaint students with the writings of John Henry Newman and to provide them with an opportunity to thoroughly immerse themselves in his An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine.
- Newman’s biography
- Doctrinal development theory according to J. H. Newman
- Doctrinal change as a theological challenge
- — Newman, J. H. An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine. London: Longmans, 1909.
- — Dulles, A. John Henry Newman. London: Countinuum, 2002.
- — Merrigan, T. and I. Ker (eds.). The Cambridge Companion to John Henry Newman. Cambridge: CUP, 2009.