In this module we will be considering some of the central themes of Aquinas's philosophical thought. We will begin with his metaphysics, and from there we will consider his thought on: the existence of God, the nature of creation, the constitution of the human person, knowledge, the good life, the role of philosophy in the life of faith.
- — To be aware of some central themes in the thought of Aquinas
- — To be able to read and interconnect various texts from the writings of Aquinas
- — To attain a familiarity with Aquinas's particular contributions to philosophy
- — To become familiar with Aquinas's philosophical vocabulary
- — To see how a systematic philosophy can play a role in the life of a saint