Continuous Assessment 40%, Examination 60%.
- To explore some of the factors that shape the current moral landscape
- To understand more fully Christian sources of moral wisdom
- To demonstrate the relevance of the Christian moral tradition in today's world
- To consider moral issues such as climate justice, war and conflict, social justice
- — Upon completion students: will recognise the major approaches to moral decision making
- — Will understand the key moments in the renewal of moral theology in the twentieth century
- — Will be familiar with key arguments on issues of climate, war, human rights
- — Vincent MacNamara, The Call to be Human, (Dublin: Veritas, 2010).
- — Pope Francis, Laudato Si, 2015.
- — Donal Dorr, Option for the Poor and For the Earth, (New York: Orbis, 2016).