Continuous Assessment 20% Final Examination 80% Students who maintain an average of 70% in their continuous assessments are deemed to have qualified, and do not have to sit the final examination
This module aims to introduce students to the study of Biblical Hebrew, in order to enhance understanding of the Old Testament.
• Biblical Hebrew writing system
• Word classes of Biblical Hebrew
• Biblical Hebrew morphology
• Biblical Hebrew syntax
• Vocabulary of key words in Biblical Hebrew
• Translating basic Biblical Hebrew texts
- — Be familiar and comfortable with the Hebrew writing system
- — Be familiar with the basics of Biblical Hebrew morphology and syntax
- — Have acquired a core vocabulary of key words in Biblical Hebrew
- — Be able to translate certain basic Biblical Hebrew texts
- — Hackett, Jo Ann, A Basic Introduction to Biblical Hebrew (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson, 2010).