Aims: The core focus of the course programme is on identifying the roots and routes of the European project and investigating how to valorize them in the contemporary globalized context. This involves a questioning of historical contexts, cultural canon, scientific approach, institution building and citizenship from a wider comparative and international perspective.
The programme consists of following five modules, structured in two parts:
PART I – Historical and Cultural Roots: Implications for Europe Today
· Contribution of History to European Consciousness
· Literature, the Arts, Translation and European Identity
- The Influence of Europe in the History of Science
- Democracy and Civic Engagement: Beyond Differences.
PART II – Social and Political Construction: Implications for the Future of Europe
· European Social Humanism
- Dates: 6 to 10 July 2020 (with arrival on Sunday 5/7 and departure on Saturday 11/7)
- Place: Gubbio, Umbria, Italy (near Perugia and Assisi). More details are on our website: Click here.
- Cost for student: 300e
Application Process: Submission of
- A short motivational letter (1 page)
- CV (1 page)
- Contact Data: Family name, Given name, email address, date of birth, nationality, phone number
- Affiliation (discipline, faculty and university)
before 12.00am on 12 February to email@example.com
Elements and Forms of Assessment:
Essays: 100 %