Essay: 50% Exam: 50%
- To provide an introduction to the nature of the philosophy, its goals and methodology, and how it differs from other disciplines.
- To furnish an overview of several of the main areas of philosophy.
- To describe the relationship between philosophy and Christianity, and their influence upon each other.
- — Appreciate the nature and methodology of philosophy in a deeper way
- — Name and describe the principal areas of philosophical inquiry and demonstrate how they relate to one another.
- — Identify the strengths and weaknesses of various philosophical arguments and construct their own arguments.
- — Ascertain an improvement in their thinking and writing skills.