Director of the Higher Diploma in Theological Studies
Lecturer in Moral Theology
Tel: +353 (0)1 474 7424
Office Location: Room 3, Dunboyne House
Office Hours: Monday 11- 1, Wednesday 10-12 or by appointment
Graduate of the Pontifical University, Maynooth. Appointed Programmes Director and Lecturer in Moral Theology at Maynooth 2013. Lecturer in Moral Theology at the Milltown Institute (2004 – 2011). Finlay Post-Doctorate Fellow in Theology (Milltown Institute; 2006–2008). Visiting Lecturer in Moral Theology, Maynooth (2008 – 2012). Director of the Higher Diploma in Theological Studies. Member of theAssociation of Teachers of Moral Theology(Leeds), and New Wine, New Wineskins(University of Notre Dame, USA).
- Suzanne Mulligan (ed.), Reaping the Harvest: Fifty Years after Vatican II, (Dublin: Columba Press, 2012).
- Confronting the Challenge: Poverty, Gender and HIV in South Africa. Africa in Development 4. Oxford & Bern: Peter Lang, 2010.
- “Capabilities and the Common Good.” Irish Theological Quarterly 75 (2010): 388–406.
- “The Extra Mile.” The Furrow 61 (2010): 677–84
- “Catholic Teaching on HIV and Highly Vulnerable Groups.” Trocaire Briefing Paper. Maynooth: Trocaire, 2010.
- “Sexuality and Justice.” Human Trafficking, Prostitution, and Sexuality. Dublin: APT Publication, 2010.
- “Justifying War? The Relevance of the Just War Theory Today.” Intercom 40/3 (April, 2010): 14.
- “The Future of Moral Theology in Ireland.” Doctrine and Life 60 (2010): 41–50.
- “What’s Love Got To Do With It? Sex, Survival and HIV/AIDS in South Africa” in Mary Jo Iozzio, Mary M. Doyle Roche, and Elsie Maria Miranda (eds.), Calling for Justice throughout the World: Catholic Women Theologians Considering the Moral Ramifications of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic. New York: Continuum: 2008.
- “A Strange Sort of Freedom: Human Agency and HIV/AIDS” in Bernard Hoose, Julie Clague, Gerard Mannion (eds.), Moral Theology for the Twenty-First Century: Essays in Celebration of Kevin Kelly. London: Continuum: 2008.
- “The Development of Peoples: Populorum Progressio 40 Years On.” Milltown Studies 59-60 (2007): 65-85.
- “Moral Discourse in a Time of AIDS” in Amelia Fleming (ed.) Contemporary Irish Moral Discourse: Essays in Honour of Patrick Hannon. Dublin: Columba Press, 2007. ________
- MR128 Engaging Ethical Dilemmas in the Modern World
- MR325 Catholic Social Doctrine
- EL266 The Secret Place: Toward a Geography of Authentic Humanity according to the Sermon on the Mount
- PG445 The Ethics of Memory in a Violent World
- MR402 Justice and Human Rights
Phone +353 (0)1 474 7424