Rev. Prof. Declan Marmion
Dean of the Faculty of Theology/ Professor of Systematic Theology
Tel: +353 (0)1 708 3627
Office Location: Room 7, Dunboyne House
Office Hours: Thursdays, 11.30 am—12.30pm
Undergraduate studies at the University of Passau, Germany and Milltown Institute, Dublin (BD). Graduate studies at Heythrop College, (M.Th); All Hallows College, Dublin (Dip. Past. Theol.), Trinity College, Dublin (H.Dip. Ed.) and the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (STL, 1993; STD, 1996). Since 1997 taught at the Milltown Institute and Head of Dept. of Systematic Theology (2006-2010). Appointed Professor of Systematic Theology at St Patrick’s College, Maynooth in 2013.
- Trinitarian Theology.
- The Theology of Karl Rahner
- Christian Identity in a Postmodern Age
- The Relationship between Theology and Spirituality
- A Spirituality of Everyday Faith: A Theological Investigation of the Notion of Spirituality in Karl Rahner, Louvain Theological & Pastoral Monographs 23, Louvain, Peeters Press/Eerdmans, 1998.
- The Cambridge Companion to Karl Rahner [ed.] with M. E. Hines. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Christian Identity in a Postmodern Age: Celebrating the Legacies of Karl Rahner and Bernard Lonergan [ed.] Dublin, Veritas, 2005.
- Theology in the Making: Biography, Contexts, Methods [ed.] with G. Thiessen. Dublin, Veritas, 2005.
- Trinity and Salvation: Theological, Spiritual and Aesthetic Perspectives, [ed.] with G. Thiessen. Studies in Theology, Society and Culture, Vol. 2 Oxford/Bern: Peter Lang, 2009.
- An Introduction to the Trinity, with R. van Nieuwenhove, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Faith Questions [ed.] with Brendan Leahy, Dublin, Columba Press, 2013.
- “Trinity and Tradition: Re-visiting the Trinitarian Tradition East and West.” Paper delivered at the Leuven Encounters in Systematic Theology, Leuven, Belgium, 27 October 2011. Published in: The Shaping of Tradition, edited by Colby Dickinson, Lieven Boeve and Terrence Merrigan (Annua Nuntia Lovaniensia 70) (Leuven: Peeters Press, 2013), 267-81.
- “Between Transcendence and History: Rahner’s Anthropology Revisited,” Lecture delivered at the Irish Theological Association, All Hallows College, Dublin on 19 October 2013. Published in Louvain Studies 37 (2013): 309-326.
- “Transcendental Thomisms.” Chapter in the Oxford Handbook of Catholic Theology, ed. L. Ayres, et al. OUP. Forthcoming.
- RC 101: Reading Christian Classics
- RE 101: Christian Belief
- ST 104: Introduction to Christianity
- ST 107: Revelation and Faith
- ST 305: The Christian God
Links and Other Interests:
Phone +353 (0)1 708 3627